How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Familylaw Guru Your Own Question
Familylaw Guru
Familylaw Guru, Attorney at Law, JD
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1349
Experience:  Experienced in divorce, child custody, child support, paternity issues, and parental rights.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Familylaw Guru is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son may be the father of an unborn child. There is

Resolved Question:

My son may be the father of an unborn child. There is question as to how far along the pregnancy is. Is there any test that can answer this question or do we need to wait for the birth?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Familylaw Guru replied 9 years ago.

The doctor's do several tests from the onset of pregnancy and can pretty much determine how far along someone is in their pregnancy. If he thinks he is the father, he will need to petition the court to determine paternity as soon as the baby is born. The court will then order that a paternity test be done. If he is the father, he may then ask for visitation as well as custody if he wants to.

Please don't forget to ACCEPT so that I may be compensated for my time.


Familylaw Guru and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions