Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

i am 16 i live with my mother and my step father. they are ...

Customer Question

i am 16 i live with my mother and my step father. they are both over the top i was wondering how difficult it would be to get emancipated. i am very responsible, i have a job and i have a friend of 20 that would move into an apartment with me. i was also wondering, if that isnt possible how hard it would be to switch custody from my mother to my father who has no custody as of right now.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Maria-Moderator replied 8 years ago.

Thanks for your question on JustAnswer! I see that you noted in your post that you are under 18 years of age. Our Terms of Service require that all accounts be registered by adults age 18 and older.

I also noted that you have a deposit on your account. If a parent or guardian opened this account for you and allowed you to post your question, that is acceptable. However, we need the parent or guardian to email us at [email protected] and provide us with a telephone number so we can contact them and verify they have given permission for you to ask this question, and that they are the account holder who is authorizing payment.

No one will be able to answer your question until we receive this information via telephone.

Thank you,

Maria - Moderator