Michael
Michael, Legal Consultant
Experience:  Expert witness in Federal court, won cases at State lower & appellate levels.
8166611

I live in WA state. My husband makes $125K a year. I make ...

I live in WA state. My husband makes $125K a year. I make 90K. We have one child who is 17. The WA guidlines top out at him paying me $700 per month. He believes this also includes our son''s medical premium and his braces. He is including these costs in the $700 a month he estimates he should pay. Is $700 the most I would receive or can it just not go any lower? Also is the medical premium and/or braces included in the $700 from the guidlines or are these costs over and above?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Michael replied 8 years ago.

HelloCustomer

Your husband is incorrect. Under Washington law, he is responsible for child support based on the actual incomes of the parents plus the cost of health insurance for the child and any extraordinary medical costs such as braces.

This website provides a detailed calculator for determining the amount of child support to be paid:

http://www.courts.wa.gov/ssgen/

Please let me know if you have any questions about this.

Take care,

Michael