How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Familylaw Guru Your Own Question
Familylaw Guru
Familylaw Guru, Attorney at Law, JD
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1349
Experience:  Experienced in divorce, child custody, child support, paternity issues, and parental rights.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Familylaw Guru is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

unsupervised visitation w/ no interference of ...

Customer Question

unsupervised visitation w/"no interference of contact" daughter and court approved mediation terms (standard) not allowed visits/contact on either part (father and
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Familylaw Guru replied 9 years ago.

Could you retype your question, I believe it got cut out somehow??

Thank you!

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
7/05 divorce decree states an agreement for voluntary visitation, no interferance from mother for visitation/contact w/daughter-this was violated from day one-daughter was told not to contact father, and subsequently, brother, friends, anyone associated w/or near father.

9/07 custodial mother called requesting 5K for braces, (although child was insured through father, 1500.00 for birth control as she had caught daughter(OF 14) & her 18 year old boyfriend having sex in her home!!!!THE CHILD IS 14- THE BOYFRIEND IS 18-This information was followed with "But we could'nt ask for a nicer boy" I may be mistaken, but I think she and her live-in boyfriend are guilty of L&L acts on a child under 16: Child endangerment (as the boyfriend continues to transport the 18yo from work to the child's home and leaves them unattended-
Expert:  Familylaw Guru replied 9 years ago.
So, to make sure I understand your question, are you asking if it is ok if the mother allows a 14 year old and 18 year old to sleep together at her house?
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Familylaw Guru's Post: I'm sure that it is not, however, my concern right now is that this child has vop'd (felony) twice, and is looking at time in juvenile hall(which is more reasonable than suspended sentence until age 19-my question(s) are as follows: can the original case which be appealed on the grounds of mis-representation or,lack thereof,failure to follow a court order by not notifying the other parent so that all options could be afforded to this child-she does not need to steal,her mother drives a 30K bmw, how could she possibly leave this child's legal financial responsability to the taxpayers & the courts not see that she is training a "system thief" We would not hesitate at dropping 5K for council if necessary, however, we were denied the option to help.
Expert:  Familylaw Guru replied 9 years ago.

If you feel that something is going on that is detrimentally effecting your child, you should petition the court and appeal whatever court order was made. The fact that the parent has failed to follow a court order is enough to get a new day in court. File a notice of contempt against that parent and ask that custody be changed if necessary. The court has broad discretion in making sure that your child is taken care of and not raised to be a thief as this is purely neglect.

With the situation you are facing, I would highly suggest getting counsel to appeal any orders, file for contempt against her, and petition for a new order to be made.

Hope this helps. If you need more help on these questions, please let me know. If not, please ACCEPT so that I may be compensated for my time.


Related Family Law Questions