Familylaw Guru
Familylaw Guru, Attorney at Law, JD
Experience:  Experienced in divorce, child custody, child support, paternity issues, and parental rights.

In FL, what is the cause of action (i.e., motion, etc.) ...

In FL, what is the cause of action (i.e., motion, etc.) when you have a successful parental alienation syndrome? Is it an Motion for Immediate Contact or some other pleading. Please advise. Thank you
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Familylaw Guru replied 8 years ago.

If you successfully can prove parental alienation, you can use this as a reason to petition for a change of custody. If, however, this is not what you are wanting, if a court order has been issued for visitation or parental contact, you will need to file a notice of contempt with the court and explain to them how the visitation and/or parental contact is being sabotaged by the other parent.

If proven to be in contempt, visitation schedule can be changed and the other parent can be ordered to pay any attorney fees that you have incurred from having to file this notice of contempt.

If you need more clarification, please let me know. If not, please accept so that I may receive credit for my time.