Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney & Certified Mediator
1723468

My ex-husband says that he does not have to pay medical ...

My ex-husband says that he does not have to pay medical expenses for our daughter because she has chosen not to see him. He said he will still pay child support but nothing else. In our divorce papers it states that he would take care of 40% of the medical cost. What should I do?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 8 years ago.
Thank youCustomerfor your question.

He alone does not make the decisions on what he will or will not pay. If he has been court ordered to provide 40% of the medical expenses, then he is required to pay it. If he fails to comply with the court order, you can file a motion for contempt against him to enforce your support orders. Only a judge can change his support order obligations so unless he gets a judge to agree with him, he must continue to pay 40% of the medical expenses. So you will need to proceed with a contempt motion to enforce the support orders.

Don't forget to click Accept for my time and research, thank you.

Please accept my answer for the work I have provided you and to close this window. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it’s associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with the appropriate legal counsel for accurate information. Thank you.