Walter, Legal Consultant
Experience:  Family Law Consultant Specializing In Interpretation Of Family and General Law.

My girlfriend who lived with me 5 yrs and I have a 22 mo.

My girlfriend who lived with me 5 yrs and I have a 22 mo. baby she left me while i was at work We reside in Indiana and she drove her to PA is there any laws to help me get to see my child back in Indiana

If you could answer a couple questions that would be helpful

Did you sign the birth certificate, affidavit of paternity or do a paternity test on the child?

Do you have any custody or visitation orders at all?

How long has she been gone?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I signed the birth certificate she has my last name    never been to court or anything Thursday 2\28\08

You have rights as the father, since you signed the birth certificate you have the right to request that she be ordered back to the state until custody/visitation can be determined. This is a petition you will need to file as soon as possible as once she becomes a resident of another state you would be required to petition in that state.

I would advise you to seek legal counsel to begin the process of petition the court for the order to bring her back. If you must go it alone, you will want to go to your local law library and pick up custody forms. Fill them out and submit them to the courts requesting custody of the child. The judge can issue a order requiring her to come back so this can be handled in court.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
how fast can she get my daughter a resident of that state PA

State law allows her to become a resident for custody issues in 6 months.