Walter
Walter, Legal Consultant
Experience:  Family Law Consultant Specializing In Interpretation Of Family and General Law.
997364

Single mother that does nor want the father involved. How ...

Single mother that does nor want the father involved. How can I get just visitation for the father with myself having sole custody. He wanted the child aborted and demanded proof. Was never there throughout the whole preganancy. I let him visit 1 weekend every month in my home. He also does not help with diapers or feedings. He just wants to play. What can I do?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Walter replied 8 years ago.

The only thing you can do is be honest with the judge and hope for the best. You can not prevent him from having some type of visitation or custody of the child. The courts prefer to grant joint custody to both parents unless there is a reason why this would not be in the best interest of the child.

Since you are hoping to avoid him getting any custody you will want to hire a lawyer to represent you in this matter and fight for no custody but visitation only.

Walter