How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Familylaw Guru Your Own Question
Familylaw Guru
Familylaw Guru, Attorney at Law, JD
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1349
Experience:  Experienced in divorce, child custody, child support, paternity issues, and parental rights.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Familylaw Guru is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband of 6 years has been dissabled since 1987, his ...

This answer was rated:

My husband of 6 years has been dissabled since 1987, his first wife divorced him in 1992, they had a little child, the child is now 21 years old. my husband was institutionalized in a mental health facility on and of for years and has never had a job. He lived with his first wife in another State (Chicago), we live in Florida. How can we find out if there are child support payments due in the past. The first wife left him and took his daughter and he never saw them again, she left him in Miami, Florida 1990, where they had relocated. He went back to Chicago to look for them and saw only his ex wife's family and they informed him that she does not want anything to do with him. And he never saw either one of them again.

If there were past due child support payments, your husband would probably have been notified by now. To find out, contact the court that originally issued the divorce decree. This court would have been where any child support requests would have been filed. You can contact thaat court to find out as well as get any copies of divorce related documents.

Unless she filed a request for child support, it may have never been orderd; however, by checking with the court that originally issued his divorce decree you should have your answer.

Please don't forget to ACCEPT so that I may be compensated for my time.


Familylaw Guru and 8 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Thank you so much, know I have a place to start.

You are very very welcome. If you ever need help again, just let me know.