Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney & Certified Mediator

Currently I have visitation with my son every ...

Currently I have visitation with my son every other tuesday thru saturday night. What are my chances of getting him a full 7 days on my visitation weeks. I work 7 days on 7 days off so I am completely avalible to be with him.
For a modification of custody you would need legal standing to petition the court for a change in the current parenting arrangement. In California a modification review hearing requires a showing of a change in circumstances. A frustration in the ability to carry out the already established visitation arrangment would demonstrate good cause to request a review hearing, while a mere accomodation may not result in a change. Although I do not know how the judge would decide in your case, it might be possible for you to request the review hearing, given that you are off those entire days so you can devote your free time to your child, which would definitely be beneficial to your son.

However, if the other parent is in agreement to modify the parenting arrangement, then all you would have to do is modify the changes without having the judge to decide. If the other parent does not agree, then you will need to show good cause for the judge to allow a review hearing.

Don't forget to click Accept for my time and research, thank you.

Please accept my answer for the work I have provided you and to close this window. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it’s associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with the appropriate legal counsel for accurate information. Thank you.