Experience:  Information provided is for entertainment puposes only and is NOT legal advice.

how old do you have to be to not have to visit noncustodial parent

Customer Question

i am 17 yrs old do i have to visit my dad
Category: Family Law
Expert:  NOT LEGAL ADVICE! replied 8 years ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer.

Because visitation order has been awarded by the court, as a minor, you cannot make a decision to stop visitation until you attain the age of majority (18 years old). If your father is denied visitation, he can go to court to have the court order enforced. Further denial of visitation could result in contempt by the court for your mother.

Let me know if you would like more information.

Please remember to click "ACCEPT."
This is the ONLY way I am paid for my efforts.
POSITIVE FEEDBACK is appreciated and reciprocated.

All of my BONUS earnings will be DONATED to:

The Breast Cancer Alliance United to Support and Educate (BCAUSE) and PAWS; a non-profit organization which provides essential services to assist the low-income elderly, chronically ill and disabled in keeping their companion animals.

Thank you for your support of these CHARITABLE ORGANIZATIONS!

Disclaimer: Any information given by me is for informational use only and is not legal advice. This is general information and is not intended to be specifically tailored to an individual. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and its associated sites. Persons accessing this response are encouraged to seek legal counsel in their jurisdiction for accurate guidance regarding their individual circumstances.