dkennedy, Attorney at Law
Experience:  JD Degree, Social Service Experience, Child Support Officer

If someone is involed in the court system with

If someone is involed in the court system with informal supervision with there children and at the last court hearing it was asked to cont.informal supervision. can the parents pick up and move to another state and not get in trouble.?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  dkennedy replied 8 years ago.

I would like to help you, but you could clarify your question a little?

Is this probation concerning the care of your children, such as in a Juvenile court setting?

If not, could you explain?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
it was in informal supervision due to several srs reports on the children none which were found to be fact. we were told we had to make a plan with deca and follow mental health recomentations this was all completed we went back to court and they wanted to extend it. we have custody we are wondering about picking up and moving to another state to get out from under the system because it has caused problems in our family
Expert:  dkennedy replied 8 years ago.

I understand the situation now. And unfortunately, moving to another state will make a bad situation ten times worse. Your instinct probably is to move as far as China to get away from these people, and I don't blame you. But, "play the game" a little longer so that you can close the book on this.

If you move to another state, they could easily find you and have the children removed, or invoke a million conditions on the family. You would not want any longer involvement than is absolutely necessary.

I hope this answers your question. If so, click on Accept so that I can get credit for my work. Thanks.