Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney & Certified Mediator

i recently received a divorce and did not ask for my maiden ...

Customer Question

i recently received a divorce and did not ask for my maiden name back. I would now like to return to my maiden name. How do I do it?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 8 years ago.
You would need to proceed with an adult name change request through the courts.

You will need to petition the court for the name change.

The instructions and forms can be access below. These are for Texas:

Changing the Name of an Adult

Don't forget to click Accept for my time and research, thank you.

Please accept my answer for the work I have provided you and to close this window. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it’s associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with the appropriate legal counsel for accurate information. Thank you.