Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney & Certified Mediator
1723468

i went to jail in florida gave power of attorney to my ...

i went to jail in florida gave power of attorney to my oldest daughter for a temp.time she is turning them against me and wont give them back what can i do?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 9 years ago.
HelloCustomer

If her temporary custody of the children is through a power of attorney, all you must do is prepare a declaration to revoke the power of attorney. Send it to your daughter via certified mail and file it with the county recorders office. Once it is filed, then call the police and get possession of your children.

Under Florida law, a power of attorney is valid until you revoke it. So you need to revoke the document.

Power of Attorney Documents
Florida law ('743.0645, Fla. Stat.) allows any person with a valid Power of Attorney executed by a child's parents to consent to routine medical and dental care when the parents cannot be located. The Power of Attorney also gives the caregiver the right to consent to necessary surgery and general anesthesia, unless specifically excluded. Other rights may also be included in the document. The Power-of-Attorney is valid until it expires, is destroyed, or is revoked.

Don't forget to click Accept for my time and research, thank you.

Please accept my answer for the work I have provided you and to close this window. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it’s associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with the appropriate legal counsel for accurate information. Thank you.