Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney & Certified Mediator
1723468

New York State made a finaical adjustment on the ...

New York State made a finaical adjustment on the balance owed on my child support, shortly after New York State Child Support went back to the original amount after sending them the paper work where the court reduced the amount, they said they had no record.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 9 years ago.
You will need to have the court clerk of New York send a certified copy of their court orders which reflects the reduced amount over to the enforcement agency of New York. The enforcement agency may not want your copy, as they need a court certified copy from the actual court file.

If by chance they still refuse the court order, then you need to go back to court an re-open this hearing so that the judge can order the enforcement agency to recognize the validity of the court order at the reduced amount. Since you have moved to another state, you will need an attorney to handle this for you.

Don't forget to click Accept for my time and research, thank you.

Please accept my answer for the work I have provided you and to close this window. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it’s associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with the appropriate legal counsel for accurate information. Thank you.