Experience:  Information provided is for entertainment puposes only and is NOT legal advice.

I live in a three family house in a residential area that ...

I live in a three family house in a residential area that just came under new ownership in westport ct. Thay are doing heavy construction to the unit downstairs and I was hoping to find out what and if the laws were pertaining to the times in which they are allowed to work, week days and weekends. I have been woken up by jack hamering at 6:45 and 7:30 the last two mornings. Thank you.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  NOT LEGAL ADVICE! replied 8 years ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer.

CT noise ordinance define nighttime (i.e quiet hours) between 10:01pm and 6:59am. During nighttime hours, the noise is expected not to exceed 45dB. Furthermore, "no person shall operate or permit the operation of any tools or equipment used in construction, drilling or demolition work between the hours of 6:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m.the following day on weekdays and before 9:00 a.m. and after 5:00 p.m. on Saturdays or at any time on Sunday." You may consider contacting the local police note the volume and time of the noise violations.

Let me know if you would like more information.

Please remember to click "ACCEPT."
This is the ONLY way I am paid for my efforts.
POSITIVE FEEDBACK is appreciated and reciprocated.

All of my BONUS earnings will be DONATED to:

The Breast Cancer Alliance United to Support and Educate (BCAUSE), the Susan G. Komen Foundation for Breast Cancer Research and PAWS; a non-profit organization which provides essential services to assist the low-income elderly, chronically ill and disabled in keeping their companion animals.

Thank you for your support of these CHARITABLE ORGANIZATIONS!

Disclaimer: Any information given by me is for informational use only and is not legal advice. This is general information and is not intended to be specifically tailored to an individual. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and its associated sites. Persons accessing this response are encouraged to seek legal counsel in their jurisdiction for accurate guidance regarding their individual circumstances.