Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney & Certified Mediator
1723468

When does child support end in Florida absent an agreement ...

When does child support end in Florida absent an agreement to continue support past the age of 18? Does it end on the birth month of the child or upon completion of high school? Thank you.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 8 years ago.
In Florida child support ends at age 18. However, if at age 18 your child is still in highschool, then child support will continue until age 19 when the child graduates from high school.

The statute can be reviewed here (see section (2)).

Please accept my answer for the work I have provided you and to close this window. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it’s associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with the appropriate legal counsel for accurate information. Thank you.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply toCustomers Post: Did you mean that support ends upon graduation of high school if graduation occurs before the age of 19?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Did you mean that support ends upon graduation of high school if graduation occurs before the age of 19?
Yes. That is correct.