Walter
Walter, Legal Consultant
Experience:  Family Law Consultant Specializing In Interpretation Of Family and General Law.
997364

in the state of Arizona my son was incarcerated ...

in the state of Arizona my son was incarcerated and tried as an adult. He will be 18 years of age on Feb 19th 2008. I need to stop the child support. Am I obligated to pay anything else?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Walter replied 8 years ago.

Arizona defines the age of emancipation in child support issues as 18 so once he is 18 years of age you are permitted by law to terminate your order. If your order is enforced by child support enforcement you will need to contact them and request a modification for termination form. Fill it out and send it back. Often it takes around 30 days for child support to be stopped if it is garnished from your wages.

Walter