Walter, Legal Consultant
Experience:  Family Law Consultant Specializing In Interpretation Of Family and General Law.

Is Dental Insurance considered Health Insurance My ...

Customer Question

Is Dental Insurance considered Health Insurance? My Divorce papers (Hall Co. Georgia) state I shall maintain "Health Insurance" for my children until age 18. I maintain both dental and health, but am I really legally obligated to pay for Braces and maintain Dental Insurance?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Walter replied 8 years ago.

No health and dental are two separate orders, you are only required by your order to pay all health associated costs. Keep in mind though if you fail to pay your ex has the right to go back and ask for a modification of the order to grant dental support as well. She will likely be approved as this is a simple matter of it not being considered during the original agreement.

In the end you must decide if it is worth going back to court for. I wish you the best with this situation.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank You Walter. I am trusting in you that health and dental are seperate matters.
Expert:  Walter replied 8 years ago.
Your welcome and I wish you the best!