Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney & Certified Mediator
1723468

with the kind of money we make and before this happened he ...

Customer Question

with the kind of money we make and before this happened he always gave me 10,000.00 a month and paid almost every bill what kind of support could i expect in this state with an autistic child
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 9 years ago.
You would need more information than just his income to calculate a support amount. So a rough estimate would be in the range of $5,000.00 per month in child support. This does not factor in that the child is autistic, that the child has medical needs, that the child needs special school or day care and that his support obligation will continue for the rest of the child's life if the child is incapable of making a living on her own.

The $5,000.00 is based on the child support guidelines so the court has the discretion to increase or decrease based on actual needs. So if you can show a pattern where he was able to afford $10,000.00 a month for the child's needs and that this amount is a reasonable amount for the needs of an autistic child, then the court has the discretion to award this amount to continue.

You can use the following calculator to arrive at an estimate here.

A realistic support calculator for the support agency can be accessed here.

Please accept my answer for the work I have provided you and to close this window. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it’s associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with the appropriate legal counsel for accurate information. Thank you.