How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 20012
Experience:  Attorney & Certified Mediator
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Attorney & Mediator is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

her father grosses between 180,000.00 to200,000.00 per ...

Customer Question

her father grosses between 180,000.00 to200,000.00 per month an dour daughter is autistic he has completelycut us off including insurance and all financial support what our my rights
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 9 years ago.
Are there court orders in place?

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
not yet wejust split up and he was arrested for assault felony charges towards me and he has not completed his divorce from hisfirst wife until may 6th of 2008 but we have been living together for 7 years with our daughter and started the businesstogether even though everything is in his name financially i have done all the books and ran the business with him as a partnership the entire time i also have lots of proof of this and many other things he is not aware of
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 9 years ago.
Thank you for your response to my questions.

Even though he is not yet finished with his divorce to his first wife you child is entitled to collect child support from the father. As you are not married you will need to established paternity for the child if the father's name is XXXXX XXXXX the birthcertificate before collecting child support. But he definitely will be responsible for child support for this child. Unfortunately you will not be entitled to any "support", such as spousal support as he was not yet divorced to his first wife.

Additionally you will need to obtain custody of your child before you can request child support from the father.

Please accept my answer for the work I have provided you and to close this window. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it’s associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with the appropriate legal counsel for accurate information. Thank you.

Attorney & Mediator and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
the wife he is divorcing knows about the child and his name is XXXXX XXXXX birth certificate. what about bigamylaws since he acknowledges me as his wife in many many recordings and letters and as his business partner also in recorded documents
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 9 years ago.
You are not married to him are you?

Bigamy applies if you married this person, so could you please clarify this? Thanks.

Related Family Law Questions