dkennedy, Attorney at Law
Experience:  JD Degree, Social Service Experience, Child Support Officer

My daughter has a child and the courts have set up child ...

My daughter has a child and the courts have set up child support for her for the amount of 80.00 per week that the father has not paid for almost 1 year. She is in and out of courts and nothing is being done. What can we do. In reality this man is getting away with murder
Category: Family Law
Expert:  dkennedy replied 8 years ago.

Your daughter needs to take the guy in for contempt of court. I don't know if she has had a private attorney, but whoever is representing her needs to do a Rule to Show Cause (contempt) and he should be made to show cause why he is not in contempt of the court order. Some judges will give the non-payor 30 days to come up with a job and some payments, or they go to jail. Contempt carries a possible jail sentence.

If she has been working with Child Support Enforcement, they need to step up the game. If she has a private attorney, he/she needs to get going.

Of course of the ex has a job, she could garnish wages, garnish bank acccounts, whatever it takes. I wish her the best of luck.