Walter
Walter, Legal Consultant
Experience:  Family Law Consultant Specializing In Interpretation Of Family and General Law.
997364

i am from northern ireland and my daughters father from ...

Customer Question

i am from northern ireland and my daughters father from slovakia. if he moves back to slovakia what are my entitlements to claiming maintenance from him
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Walter replied 8 years ago.

You are entitled to support from the father even if he leaves the country. You will want to get in touch with a family lawyer asap to get the paperwork started for the courts. The courts in Ireland can enforce a order even in Slovakia the only issue is you must have a order first.

You are entitled to at least child support and possible maintenance from him as well if you were married. My recommendation is to speak with a lawyer in Ireland to protect your rights and get a order in asap.

Walter

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Walter's Post: IM SORRY I DONT KNOW IF I AM ALLOWED TO ASK ANOTHER QUESTION.I AM IN NORTHERN IRELAND THEREFORE UNDER BRITISH RULE. I DONT KNOW HIS HOME ADDRESS BUT I DO KNOW HIS WORK HISTORY HERE. AND WHEN HE WAS APPLYIN FOR JOBS HE HAD TO PUT HIS HOME ADDRESS.WILL HIS EMPLOYERS BE LEGALLY OBLIGED TO SHARE THIS INFORMATION IF I GO TO A SOLICITOR OR WILL I BE THROWING MONEY I EFFECTIVELY CANT AFFORD AWAY ON FEES. THANK YOU AND I WILL BE ACCEPTING YOUR ANSWER. SORRY ITSS MY FIRST TIME USING SITE. I SHOULD HAVE ASKED A CLEARER QUESTION.
Expert:  Walter replied 8 years ago.

You are fine, no need to apologize. His employers do not have to give this information to you or your lawyer. You lawyer can help you locate his home address for you though running his information and searching records. At the least if your lawyer can locate his employer he can petition the courts to require the employer to disclose his legal address.

Walter