Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney & Certified Mediator

what does it mean when a defendant files a motion to ...

what does it mean when a defendant files a motion to dismiss and the planiff in the divorce agrees because they have become medically not well and so they agree to the motion. Is that mean the plantiff's court orders are all null and void? can you re-file? does the defendant have the right to move back into the home?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 8 years ago.
It appears your question on this issue was answered in your first question. Do you still need assistance with this question? Thanks.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I was just wondering whether or not case is finally over when you file a motion to dismiss in a divorce or does it mean it is frozen in time and you can reopen it whenever you want.
If the judge has approved the motion to dismiss, then yes the case is over and all issues addressed in that hearing are no longer valid. It is not frozen in time.

You would need to restart the process all over again with a new petition for divorce.

Please accept my answer for the work I have provided you and to close this window. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it’s associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with the appropriate legal counsel for accurate information. Thank you.