Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney & Certified Mediator

Child Custody Question - the father of my daughter ...

Child Custody Question -   the father of my daughter and I share legal custody with my child and I have physical custody - this was granted in 2000 in Missouri. Since 6/2001 we have been living together as a family in NY. Is my custody still intact or has this living arrnagement nullified it?
The custody orders are still enforcible as the orders where never modified by the court. They are not nullified just because you have remained as a family unit.

Only with a court order can the orders be modified or terminated.

Please accept my answer for the work I have provided you and to close this window. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it’s associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with the appropriate legal counsel for accurate information. Thank you.