Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney & Certified Mediator
1723468

My daughter was taken away from my x wife in Phoenix AZ.

My daughter was taken away from my x wife in Phoenix AZ. The state has here and she has been under there care sence Sept 2007. The state of Arizona is still taking child support from my pay checks and it is still going to my x wife and she does not have her under her care. What can I do. This does not look right to me? Iam the father and I live in NC.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 8 years ago.
AZ will not automatically terminate or transfer child support. What you need to do is petition the original court that issued the support orders to modify child support, so that support goes to the appropriate agency that is taking care of your child.

This requires filing a petition for modification of your support orders to transfer your support obligations and to also include mother's income in contributing support. If you have been working with a support agency, they should be able to assist further. Again, absent any court orders modifying the support, you will be required to pay child support to the ex-wife.

Please accept my answer for the work I have provided you and to close this window. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it’s associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with the appropriate legal counsel for accurate information. Thank you.