How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Walter Your Own Question
Walter, Legal Consultant
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11528
Experience:  Family Law Consultant Specializing In Interpretation Of Family and General Law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Walter is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My X and I will be divorced 2 years now. We still both ...

Resolved Question:

My X and I will be divorced 2 years now. We still both own our house that he has been living in. In our divorce papers we agreed to sell 5 years after the divorce. I agreed to this thinking my son would be living with him. Now my son is living with me and is 19 years old. This past week my X had his girlfriend move in without consulting with me. I have several items left in the house and I feel very strange about going in and getting them. Do I have any legal action about who he has move in?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Walter replied 9 years ago.


Unless there was mention in the agreement that he could not have anyone move in then by law he can do so. You have the right to go back to court and request a modification of the original order and ask that no one be allowed to move into the home pending the sale of the home.

In the end it will be up to the judge. You can request then that you be permitted to remove your items from the home as well.


Walter and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions