Walter, Legal Consultant
Experience:  Family Law Consultant Specializing In Interpretation Of Family and General Law.

My X and I will be divorced 2 years now. We still both ...

My X and I will be divorced 2 years now. We still both own our house that he has been living in. In our divorce papers we agreed to sell 5 years after the divorce. I agreed to this thinking my son would be living with him. Now my son is living with me and is 19 years old. This past week my X had his girlfriend move in without consulting with me. I have several items left in the house and I feel very strange about going in and getting them. Do I have any legal action about who he has move in?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Walter replied 8 years ago.

Unless there was mention in the agreement that he could not have anyone move in then by law he can do so. You have the right to go back to court and request a modification of the original order and ask that no one be allowed to move into the home pending the sale of the home.

In the end it will be up to the judge. You can request then that you be permitted to remove your items from the home as well.