Walter, Legal Consultant
Experience:  Family Law Consultant Specializing In Interpretation Of Family and General Law.

My daughter was arrested for underage alcohol ...

My daughter was arrested for underage alcohol consumption as a first time offender at a party raided by the police. she wasn''t intoxicated, only having had a partial drink. Should I or would you recommend me to hire an atorney for her hearing. This is the only trouble she has been in and is eighteen years old. The bond was 375.00.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Walter replied 8 years ago.

What is the age of your child?

What state was she in?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
18 years Kennesaw, Georgia
Expert:  Walter replied 8 years ago.

A violation of this law is a misdemeanor punishable by up to 6 months imprisonment and/or a fine of up to a $300.

In addition, persons violating any underage drinking law may be sentenced to complete a DUI Alcohol or Drug Use Risk Reduction

Program within 120 days of conviction. Failure to complete the program as prescribed shall be punished by a fine of up to $300 and/or 20 days imprisonment.

Oklahoma youths caught illegally trying to buy alcohol would face hefty fines and community service under a bill passed 45-1 by the state Senate, the Associated Press reported April 12.

The Prevention of Youth from Access to Alcohol Act calls for fines of up to $900 and license suspensions of up to two years for minors caught trying to buy alcohol.

As for wither to hire a lawyer, that is up to you. A lawyer may be able to get the charges dropped.

Expert:  Walter replied 8 years ago.

Is there anything else I can help you with?