Walter, Legal Consultant
Experience:  Family Law Consultant Specializing In Interpretation Of Family and General Law.

equity owed to me stated by divorce decree

Customer Question

divorce was final 2005 in texas. It states that when she refinances the house,sells or defaults on loan is when I am owed the equity. She has stated that she can not refinance and give me the equity out of it. Do I have any rights I can enforce to receive the money she owes me or time limit that the law will enforce upon her? Please let me know my options so I can get my money out of this house!
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Walter replied 8 years ago.

You can take her back to court to request that she uphold the divorce agreement. The hard thing in all this is if she can not get it refinanced there is little you can do but wait. There are no time limits on this, what was ordered will be enforceable as long as it follows the guidelines originally given in the agreement.