Experience:  Information provided is for entertainment puposes only and is NOT legal advice.

Is child support altered when the custodial parent gets remarried

Child support is based on the divorced parents income. If either one remarries and the new spouse brings in income does it change the amount of Child Support that is given to the custodial parent, in New Jersey?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  NOT LEGAL ADVICE! replied 8 years ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer.

No, the child support is only calculated based on the income of the biological parents. The contribution of the spouse is not taken into consideration.

Let me know if you would like more information.

Please remember to click "ACCEPT."
This is the ONLY way I am paid for my efforts.
POSITIVE FEEDBACK is appreciated and reciprocated.

Thank you.

Disclaimer: Any information given by me is for informational use only and is not legal advice. This is general information and is not intended to be specifically tailored to an individual. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and its associated sites. Persons accessing this response are encouraged to seek legal counsel in their jurisdiction for accurate guidance regarding their individual circumstances.