Walter, Legal Consultant
Experience:  Family Law Consultant Specializing In Interpretation Of Family and General Law.

Child support missed payment

Customer Question

Ok i missed my december child support payment on 2 kids will they let me double up when i recieve my monthly check ont he 14th of this month basiclly pay two payments without legal action. ive missed one other month before like 2 months ago in the 4+ years ive been paying child support one childs support is current with no back pay the other i still owe back pay on due to not finding out the child was mine till she was almost 7 years old.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Walter replied 8 years ago.

Missing a payment occasionally is not the end of the world. You must be in arrears a certain amount before they will even do anything legal wise. Often this amount is at least 5000.

Simply call them on Wednesday and let them know you want to start a payment plan on the arrears owed. If you can afford a extra 25 or 50.00 a month they will often accept this on your arrears.

As long as you are actively trying to pay it they will do nothing legal to you. Please do not forget to click accept so I receive credit for my answer.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Just wanted to say thanks this is a big load off my mind i was so worried about going to jail over one missed paymnet ive acctually been awake for days over the holiday worrying over this thanks a bunch i also accepted you answer so you will recieve your pay thanks again!
Expert:  Walter replied 8 years ago.
You are very welcome............