Experience:  Information provided is for entertainment puposes only and is NOT legal advice.

I have been contacted by a collection agency startig a few

I have been contacted by a collection agency startig a few momths ago. Is there a time limit for a credit card co. to collect an outstanding balance in CA.? I have an 1990 credit card balance with BAC (approx. $2700) that has never been setteled.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  NOT LEGAL ADVICE! replied 8 years ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer.

The statute of limitations on written agreements in California is 4 years from the last payment or acknowledgement of debt. You may want to contact the collection agency with the following "expired SoL" and "stop calling" letters. (see the links below)

Let me know if you would like more information.

Please remember to click "ACCEPT."
This is the ONLY way I am paid for my efforts.
POSITIVE FEEDBACK is appreciated and reciprocated.

Thank you.

Disclaimer: Any information given by me is for informational use only and is not legal advice. This is general information and is not intended to be specifically tailored to an individual. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and its associated sites. Persons accessing this response are encouraged to seek legal counsel in their jurisdiction for accurate guidance regarding their individual circumstances.