How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 20012
Experience:  Attorney & Certified Mediator
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Attorney & Mediator is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am getting involved with my newphew and his son.

Resolved Question:

I am getting involved with my newphew and his son. Ken, the father of a 1 1/2 yr old named Logan is suffering serious relationship troubles with the mother named Jen. Jen has taken Logan out of the shared apartment with Ken & Logan. Jen (the mother) has no vehicle, no money, no extra clothing or food for the child Logan. The police as of yesterday advised the father Ken to allow the mother to take the son for a day (probably to see if the situation would resolved itself with time). Action and advise is necessary immediately. What is the next course of action? Thank you. Aunt Penny
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 9 years ago.
Could you please clarify what has happened as you are asking for action and information that is necessary, but I am not clear on what grounds?

Has the mother now refused to return the child? Is that the problem.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Yes, the mother is refusing to give the child to the father.
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 9 years ago.
Thank you for your response and reply to my questionCustomer

The father needs to file for custody of the child. As there are currently no court orders in place the police will not help in returning the child back to your nephew. Unfortunately the custody forms are not available online for me to give you the link, so your nephew needs to go to the family court or probate court in the county were he lives to get the custody forms to fill out and to begin the court hearing.

In the custody forms he needs to request temporary placement with him while the parents work out on parenting arrangment on behalf of the child.

Please accept my answer for the work I have provided you and to close this window. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it’s associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with the appropriate legal counsel for accurate information. Thank you.

Attorney & Mediator and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions