Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney & Certified Mediator
1723468

How to write a letter on how much child support?

Can you show my how to write a letter stating how much child support I receive for my son upon a mutual agreement?

Category: Family Law
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 9 years ago.
What do you want your letter to say? And who are you address this to?
Customer: replied 9 years ago.

I want a letter confirming that my ex-boyfriend does in fact pay child support to me for my son in the amount of 150.00 a month.

[Date]

[Your Name and Address]

[Name and Address of who you are sending the letter to]

RE: Child Support for [Name of child]

Dear Sir or Madam:

This letter is to confirm that [Name of child]'s father, Mr. [name of father] has been paying child support as court ordered on [date of child support order] in the amount of $150.00 a month.

If he has never defaulted on payments you can add the following paragraph:

Mr. [name of father] has always met his obligations in paying child support and has never defaulted or been found to owe child support.

If he has defaulted, you can use this paragraph instead:

Although Mr. [name of father] was found to owe back child support, he has had an active role in paying back the arrearages along with maintaining current child support orders each month.

If you have any questions or wish to discuss the matter with me further, please do not hesitate to contact me at [your phone number with area code] at your convenience.

Sincerely,

[your name]

Just add the information in the bracket [ ] sections of the letter. let me know if you want to add anything else.

Yes, and the notary herself needs to write these things on her own affirmation because she first has to witness your signature. The law requires her to do it not you or anyone else.