Dr. Longo
Dr. Longo, Optometrist
Experience:  Residency in Ocular Disease, Managed Ocular ER
89512414

I have poison ivy around my left eye and I use a cream to

Customer Question

I have poison ivy around my left eye and I use a cream to help the swelling around my eye....unfortunate I think I went inside my eye
JA: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?
Customer: Today it got worst....my vision is blurry my eye is read it hurts it cries
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Nothing
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Eye
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I went to a urgent care they prescribed me prednisone 20 mg which it help for the poison ivy I have in the rest of my body but my eye it's worst
Expert:  Dr. Longo replied 9 days ago.
Hello I am Dr. Longo.I hope they put you on prednisone for the week? That will decrease the body's reaction -- within the next day you should notice marked improvement.For comfort, you can also take allergy medications like Zyrtec or Benedryl (benedryl will also help you sleep tonight). Make sure the area is cleaned throughly over the next few days...surrounding skin. Use cold compresses on the eye several times a day as well. If you want further relief, get some artificial tears and refrigerate them -- instilling them in your eye will feel great and provide much relief for discomfort and itch.It will subside. The waiting part is difficult! Follow the aforementioned and you should find some relief.Take care. Let me know if you have any further questions.Dr. Longo
Expert:  Dr. Longo replied 7 days ago.
Hello, how are you doing today? Do you have any further questions or concerns?