Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I had a sclera buckle around 7 weeks ago with

Customer Question

I had a sclera buckle around 7 weeks ago with freezing...then a small gas bubble with some laser a week or two later bc of fluid. Somehow fluid was still getting in there.a few weeks after that...it looked sealed to his eyes, but clearly wasn't. He had to do a vitrectomy 2.5 weeks ago with a huge gas bubble. All is well I guess...but my eye is really droopy. How do I know if the eye was damaged or if it is surgical swelling that will go away?
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 days ago.

Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology and retina surgery experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 days ago.

Many times this droopy eyelid will resolve as the eye heals over the course of a month or so.

If it doesn't then it is possible that the muscle that helps to keep the eyelid was stretched or torn.

The good news?

This can be repaired fairly easily in the vast majority of cases.

Does this make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS