Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

AN INTERNAL MEDICINE DOCTOR AND SHE WANTED ME TO GO TO SEE

Customer Question

I'm SEEING AN INTERNAL MEDICINE DOCTOR AND SHE WANTED ME TO GO TO SEE AN EAR, NOSE AND THROAT DOCTOR TO SEE IF I HAD ANYTHING WRONG. OK SHE SAID OTHERWISE SHE WOULD STOP A PRESCIPTION I'VE BEEN TAKING FOR 14 YEARS. IS THAT OK AND IS IT CONSIDERED PROPER MEDICAL ABILITY?
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: I TAKE 5 MG. OF KLONOZAPAM, WHICH WAS PRESCRIPBED BY MAYO CLINIC AFTER THEY REMOVED SQUAMOUS CELL CANCER FROM MY NOSE, CHEEK AND NECK. THEY ALSO REMOVED MY CHEEK COMPLETELY AND PART OF MY NECK.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I've had 6 surgeries at Mayo Clinic on the right side of my face, nose and eye, and removal of one brain part caused by radiation necrosis.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

I am sorry you are having these issues.

it sounds like you had a big surgery at Mayo Clinic.

is the klonazepam used to help decrease anxiety symptoms or help with relaxing muscles for you?

do you have pain or tight muscles as a chronic side effect from your surgery?

do you live in a state where medical marijuana is legal? marijuana can also be used to help treat pain and anxiety symptoms.

it sounds like you have been on clonazepam for a long time.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.