Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (non-eye specialty)
Experience:  Many years of outpatient practice managing eye injuries and common disorders
18722459

Morning. I accidentally got hit in the eye over the weekend.

Customer Question

Morning. I accidentally got hit in the eye over the weekend. Since then I occasionally see flashes of light and a dark kind of moon in the lower end of my vision. It is not all the time but enough that I noticed it. No pain.
JA: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?
Customer: almost 10 days. They called me about my new glasses yesterday.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: nothing that I am aware of. I wear contacts and glasses with a stigmatism. and single line bifocal.
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 10 days ago.

Good morning I'm Dr Chip

This could be what's known as a vitreous detachment of the jelly inside your eyeball and that may not lead to anything serious, but it could signal either a partial or an impending retinal detachment.

For that reason I strongly urge you to have an eye doctor take a look right away since if it is a partial retinal detachment it can be reattached by laser and your vision will not suffer

Please let me know if you need any more information