Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

I had cataract surgery on Dec. 20th and 27th. My eyes are

Customer Question

I had cataract surgery on Dec. 20th and 27th. My eyes are very tired all the time. What can I do?
JA: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?
Customer: Im supposed to have my vision checked in a couple of weeks for new glasses. Right now it seems I'm in constant eye strain.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I also have glaucoma, i'm diabetic
Category: Eye
Expert:  MD Doc replied 4 months ago.

What you are describing might be dryness in your eyes. Considering that you are a patient of glaucoma, I am presuming that you have been on eye drops to control the eye pressure before cataract surgery. Also, the eye drops given after cataract surgery for healing can further worsen the dryness. The exact cause can be know only on first hand examination. I would advise you to increase the use of lubricating eye drops or strart using them 4-5 times a day if you have not been p[rescribed any. You can get lubricating eye drops over the counter like refresh tears/systane ultra/genteal etc. Also, do not over strain your eyes, give them rest. The heaviness or tiredness should go away slowly.

Hope this information is helpful, do get back for any more queries

Regards