Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (non-eye specialty)
Experience:  Many years of outpatient practice managing eye injuries and common disorders
18722459

I had a large black looking web in my right eye this

Customer Question

hello. I had a large black looking web in my right eye this morning. Tonight about an hour ago I had flashes of light. No warning or trauma. First time that size web and flashes. I have had small floaters before.
JA: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?
Customer: I had them checked last year around June. I could not use those glasses because they seemed too strong so I went back to my old pair. I am now having a bit of a problem these seem a little off now
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: My blood pressure I just took it says 102/64. I take crestor for high cholesterol which is under control
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome I'm Dr Chip

Did the web disappear?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 4 months ago.

OK--then likely it was another floater and the flashed of light, like floaters, are from what's called a vitreous detachment which also is part of the vitreous humor problem

The only concern here is that this may be a signal of an impending retinal detachment so I have to advise you to see an ophthalmologist as soon as possible to get this checked out

Please let me know if you need any more information

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you. I will have it checked out.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Got my answer so I don't need the phone call then. Thanks
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 4 months ago.

My pleasure but please remember to rate my service to you so i can get credit for time