Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS
23101880

I woke up last night with my left eye sticky and crusty.

Customer Question

I woke up last night with my left eye sticky and crusty. When I looked in the mirror my eye was red/bloodshot and the crusty stuff on my eye/eyelashes was a yellowish/brown/tan color. I washed out my eye and went back to bed. About an hour ago I treated it with a warm compress and it is much better now (About 80% of the redness and all of the crustiness and gunk is gone). Do I need to get a prescription or should I just let it run its course? To be satisfied with your answer I would want to get a prescription from you if it is needed. Thank You!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JA. I am Dr Saleem here. Well it seems like conjunctivitis. For starters please try these measures

Use lubricant eye drops or artificial tears available OTC.

Wash eye with water but dont use the same towel to other eye, preferably use wipes or soft tissue papers.

If it does not improve your eye , you may use chloramphenicol eye drops/ ointment available OTC. Please follow the directions written on the leaflet with the drops.

Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 1 month ago.

Would be happy to take any more questions. Please remember to leave a Positive 5 stars rating to reward my work.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you very much!
Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 1 month ago.

You are welcome. Have a great year ahead.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
For some reason this question was duplicated. You answered me on the other question (This same question was asked twice) I posted and I gave you a five star rating. Since I only want to get charged once for this question I am not going to leave a rating on this but like I said I did give you a 5 star rating on the other copy of this question you answered. Thank you very much!
Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 1 month ago.

Ok thanks i just checked and its received there .Cheers