Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

Do i have ptosis? My eyelids appear much more open in photos

Customer Question

Do i have ptosis? My eyelids appear much more open in photos from when I was younger, about 12. I am able to see out of both of my eyes fine but my eyelids just seem much droopier than they used to appear. Any thoughts as to if I have ptosis and what could be causing it since I'm only17.Attatched is a photo from when I was 13 and a recent photo. As you can see, my eyes certainly appear much more open in the photo from when I was 13. I feel like my eyes have certainly drooped and even the skin on my lids is beginning to thin out a bit. Is it normal for my eyes to be aging a bit even though I am only 17? Thanks
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 12 days ago.

No you do not have ptosis and yes you are too young