Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

Second opinion] - can having eye problems from birth affect

Customer Question

Second opinion] - can having eye problems from birth affect the way you grow and develope? when my son was born he had some kinda of problem, his eyes would shake.but it didn't seem to affect him.at 4 months he was seen by eye specialist.who put some liquid into his eye to make it expand so they could look through it.was told he could see far but not right in front of him.he had a follow up appointment at 8months,but as myself and his father saw many improvements.the shakes had got less than what it was at four months and he was more focus on objects.hes is two in couple days, we have notice he always leans to the side when looking at you or anything.hes not talking and squints to the side at everything.besides his eye and talking he is a very happy playful boy..so cheerful.we do have another appointment with specialist but are on waiting a waiting list that could take from 2 weeks to 6 months.would you be able to tell me if there is anything else or more I could do or go and see to get him check out. the G.p can't do much as he is not a specialist in the eyes.but can only keep refering us forward to eye clinic..
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 19 days ago.

Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology and retina surgery experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 19 days ago.

Was you son examined by a pediatric ophthalmologist?

Does he have nystagmus (eyes shake)?

What did the rest of his eye exam show?

Can you upload his eye notes from his eye visits?

How old is he now?

Does he have any other birth defects or issues?

Does your son have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.