Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (non-eye specialty)
Experience:  Many years of outpatient practice managing eye injuries and common disorders
18722459

I just rinsed my eye for 20 minutes after a tiny splash of

Customer Question

I just rinsed my eye for 20 minutes after a tiny splash of bleach. Should I expect it to water and sting for awhile? how long? keep it closed now> please advise.
JA: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?
Customer: full exam w/ pics of optic nerve and field of vision test with the last 2 months,,,,,all was well, no problems
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I am nearsighted history of glaucoma in family. No signs of same so far
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 19 days ago.

Hello and welcome. I'm Dr Chip

Yes it can definitely water and sting and while you may be fine you should see a doctor since you could have a burn of your cornea and in that case you'd need antibiotic eye gel or drops to help it heal

Please let me know if you need any more information