Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (non-eye specialty)
Experience:  MBBS MS
5625079

2 month ago I had a face lift and hours after surgery

Customer Question

2 month ago I had a face lift and hours after surgery something happened. My right eye got swollen and I ended up having a horrible hematoma on that side. Got from red to black to purple to,Blue to greenish. After all this time Most of the swelling got down but I still have some weird coloríng In all tha area. Like a bruised shadow. Will I ever get to normal by itself or I should do something about it?
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 17 days ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily.

This is likely to go on its own. This coloring is likely due to pigmentation of the skin because of hematoma. The hemosiderin pigment penetrates the skin and that may take sometimes 3-4 months to go away.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 12 days ago.

Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited and paid for my work.

Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future.

This additional service offer can be used for

- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you.

Thank you.