Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

I have a 48 y.o. son, he has been showing symptoms about

Customer Question

I have a 48 y.o. son, he has been showing symptoms about something progressively making him sick: symptoms like loss of sensation in legs, memory loss episodes, swollen portions of body and face, and weakening, to the point that he continues to work but he feels tired most of the time, all these symptoms make me think he needs to be checked for something that is poisoning him. He has been in the E.R. twice during the last 3 weeks, but the blood/urine, shows to be normal. How can I recommend him to be evaluated for other substances that may be causing his getting more and more sick?
JA: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Any other skin concerns?
Customer: This has been occurring for about one year, his nails show an opening in the middle, and part of his face and right arm looks swollen, and he looks red, although he is fair skin, and his eyes look tearful and red. Sometimes he is so thirsty he can drink extralarge glasses of iced water
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: He had surgery on his right mandible for an infection after a tooth was removed about 6 months ago. A specialist cleaned his area where the tooth was removed, and he took antibiotics for some weeks. The doctor discharged him after this.
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 23 days ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily.

What were his symptoms for which he has to go to ER?

Any significant family history (Like diabetes, high blood pressure)?

Does he smoke or use tobacco in any form?

What is his occupation?