Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

I have had a pain that has come and go the past couple of

Customer Question

I have had a pain that has come and go the past couple of days starting at the base of my neck and throughout the back of my head. The pain sometimes travels up and affects the top part of my head. It has mainly been on the right side, but is now affecting the back end of my head. It almost feels as though I got hit in the head by something, but I didn't. In addition to this, I sometimes feel dizzy, have pain in the forehead area and around my eyes, and my right ear has also been hurting. I'm not sure what is going on, but this started this past Tuesday. I'm hoping it's something simple like a migraine or something like that and nothing more severe. Please help me out. Thank you!
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. David replied 27 days ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 27 days ago.

it sounds more like a tension headache or stress headache or caffeine withdraw headache

or headache from lack of sleep.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Can you give me more information regarding this? I notice that most of the time it happens during the day and sunlight affects the problem. Could I possibly have light sensitivity or some other issue that might be occurring? What types of things should I do to address this and prevent it from happening as much as possible?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 27 days ago.

do you have severe anxiety symptoms? anxiety can cause headaches.

most likely the sun is not affecting the problem.

do you have a primary care doctor

you should see a doctor for a full physical and evaluation of your symptoms.

your headaches could be due to many potential factors.

you need more evaluation to know why you are getting these headaches.