manal assaad
manal assaad,
Experience:  ophthalmologist at glaucoma & eye specialist
12161548

Great! Very recently my left eye is not blinking as quickly

Customer Question

Great! Very recently my left eye is not blinking as quickly as my right. Not all the time, but a couple of times a day I feel like I have to work to get it to open after blinking.
JA: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?
Customer: I'm very diligent about my vision checkups. I had one this past spring and have another scheduled for next spring. I'm almost exactly at the mid point. So six weeks or so. Six MONTHs not weeks, sorry.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have slightly elevated blood pressure that I take meds for. And a history of sinus infections, I think I might have one on my left side right now as a matter of fact.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  manal assaad replied 1 month ago.
Hello
I would like to help you but can you first give me more details
How did you notice that ?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I could feel it.
Hello I am an ophthalmologist and would like to help you . Can you please provide more details as to how you have noticed this phenomenon?
Ok please look in the mirror and let me know if your eye lids are about the same position I mean that your eye lid is not droopy
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No, my eyelid is not droopy at all.
That is perfect that rules out a condition called Bell's palsy . It is normal for eye lids not to blink at the same rate all the time . As long as no droopy lids are present it is a physiological condition ( normal occurrence) that can happen from time to time