Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

For up to 65 years my right eye was significantly weaker

Customer Question

Hello, for up to 65 years my right eye was significantly weaker than my left eye, at the end almost twice as weak. I wore glasses from age 15, and multifocals for the last 21 years.
JA: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?
Customer: I haven't finished yet sorry.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Exactly a month ago I had cataract surgery on my right eye and the new lens is much closer now in strength to the natural one in my left eye. I have been told that is why I am having terrible difficulty adjusting an d getting terribly giddy, particularly with sideways head movements. I need to give my brain more time to adjust. However some people never adjust. I wonder what can be done to help in these cases. Thank you.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 month ago.

Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology and retina surgery experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 month ago.

What is your best corrected visual acuity in each eye?

What, if any, is your new glasses Rx in each eye?

Can you take a picture of the intraocular lens data card and upload it to me, or just copy the data off that card?

Were there any complications during your eye surgery?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.