Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I just read about addisons, and the symptoms corresponds

Customer Question

I just read about addisons, and the symptoms corresponds with mine. what can I take to make me feel better as I am on the bed most of the time
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I thought of going to emergancy now, because I read the article and realize that I was wrongly diagnosed. I am taking Trazdone for the headaches, Serlife as dr thaught I had depression, Euthorox for tiredness, Lififem and HR Enaperal
JA: How long have you been feeling this way? Have you reached out to anyone about this yet?
Customer: 2 years but it is getting worse, I went to my Gp and he prescribed all the medicines just to make me feel better, I have gone through thousands of tests, at the end I thaught maybe it is just pshychological
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No I am actually very healthy, never been in a hospital and no operations
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 month ago.

Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology and retina surgery experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 month ago.

If you are concerned that you may have addisons disease you will need a good exam and specialized testing.

Here is an excellent article from a highly respected source that discusses this in detail:

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/addisons-disease/home/ovc-20155636

So. What should you do?

1. The ER is not the best place to go in order to get addisons disease diagnosed and treatment started.

2. I suggest you see your primary care MD or, if possible, an endocrinologist specialist.

Does this make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Where will I get hold of a endocrinologist?